Links tagged: retail
SpeedCurve | A retailer's guide to web performance
I’m at Shop.org this week, having really interesting conversations with online retailers. What I love about talking with this crowd is that – like me – they're super focused on user-perceived performance. Not surprisingly, we have a lot to talk about.
September 28th 2017
The State of Online Retail Performance
While almost half of all consumers browse via their
phones, only 1 in 5 complete transactions on mobile
• Optimal load times for peak conversions ranged from
1.8 to 2.7 seconds across device types (page 6).
• Just a 100-millisecond delay in load time hurt
conversion rates by up to 7% (page 7).
• Bounce rates were highest among mobile shoppers and
lowest among those using tablets (page 9).
• Optimal load times for lowest bounce rates ranged
from 700ms to 1.2s across all device types (page 10).
• A two-second delay in load time hurt bounce rates
by up to 103% (page 10).
• Pages with the lowest bounce rates had start render
times ranging from 0.9 to 1.5 seconds (page 12).
• A two-second delay correlated with up to a 51%
decrease in session length (page 14).
June 28th 2017